The mission of Compassion in Action (CIA) is to ensure the well-being of all neighbors through connecting, sharing and advocating. Some of CIA's current action items and projects include:
- First Wednesday Food Drive to benefit Common Pantry
- Assisting with the annual Thanksgiving luncheon for seniors at the North Center Senior Satellite Center
- Advocating for just resolutions to local issues such as the Illinois state budget and the City of Chicago affordable housing ordinance
- Coordinating a Volunteer Snow Brigade for the neighborhood
- Meeting quarterly to identify and support initiatives that align with our mission
If you'd like to join CIA, please contact us!